• Previous Posts
  • Archives
  • Main
  • Subject to Change
  • Monday, September 12, 2005

    Plumbing Roulette

    The upstairs shower works! Well, at least it should, once the caulking dries.

    My dad and I pulled the mixer valve apart to try and figure out why the temperature control didn't work. Kelly and I were getting awfully tired of two tempteratures: scalding and ice water. It turns out, the rubber seal inside the mixer was really torn up. The cold water was getting through all the time.

    I didn't think we'd be able to find the right replacment, but the ACE on 110th and Oklahoma had just the right parts. Now I know that my faucet is a Kohler, or Kohler compatible. This ACE Hardware had plenty of parts for other faucets, too. I guess I've found my plumbing store.

    Now that the upstairs shower is fixed, hopefully, I've got to get to work on the leaks in the downstairs shower. The control valve drips if you push it in too far, and I'm reasonably sure the drain drips, too. My dad and I found replacement o-rings for the mixer. They'd better do the trick! We've already replaced the drain tubing upstairs, so I'm not really afraid of that project. The toughest part should be getting access to the piping in the fist place. Luckily for me, the guy who built the bathrooms was smart enough to put in access panels.

    Two working showers would be pretty cool!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home