• Previous Posts
  • Archives
  • Main
  • Subject to Change
  • Monday, September 12, 2005

    The Wonder Tool

    I've got to plug this AWESOME pair of pliers I've been using around the house. I found these things at Restoration Hardware in the Mayfair mall. When I picked them up, they felt pretty tough. I would've expected anything from that store to be a pretty cheap gimmick. Then, I noticed that these pliers have a dual head. You flip the handle over on itself (like you're opening the jaws really wide), and the other set of jaws comes out. Picture it, needle nose one second, lineman's pliers the next. And the thing makes a very satifying "click, click" noise when you give it the flip of a wrist. I played with them for a minute or two, giggling like a little girl, until my girlfriend came over to stop the embarassing display.

    I never really used these pliers until I started working on the house. But now I use them for everything! They've been handy for electrical work, plumbing, pulling carpet staples, cooking diner, etc. They've been so handy that I bought a second pair for the times when I can't find the first one. But, my girlfriend pretty much draws the line at letting me sleep with my new favorite tool(s).

    1 Comments:

    At 12:57 AM, Blogger Addy said...

    It truely is amazing to me that you have an engineering degree, but you know I love you anyway you crazy ass geek!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home