• Previous Posts
  • Archives
  • Main
  • Subject to Change
  • Tuesday, September 13, 2005

    They Should Invent Brown Grass

    I'm not watering the lawn today. If the storm doesn't take care of the new grass, that's just tough!

    I've been nursing the lawn on the north side of the house for weeks now. After the basement repairs, we had a patch a few feet wide along the entire side that needed to be planted.

    I don't get it. I've got to make a lake out there to get the grass to sprout, but the weeds are nine feet tall. Shouldn't we have genetically engineered grass by now? I want mine to actually eat weeds! In the middle of the night I want to hear slurping, chomping and gurgling noises outside the window, and wake up to find a bright green lawn free of weeds (and rodents).

    2 Comments:

    At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aaron,

    I've seen adds in magazines like Popular Science for a real/artificial grass. It probably is fairly pricey and tough to plant (1 grass plug every square inch) but it came guaranteed. The neat thing about this product was it advertised that you need only water and mow it once a year, and it will stay bright green and it grows thick and full enough to overcome all weeds. Next time I see the advertisment, I will clip it out for you.

    JK

     
    At 6:32 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

    I'm thinking that I should just carpet the lawn.

    Do they make engineered flooring for outdoors?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home