• Previous Posts
  • Archives
  • Main
  • Subject to Change
  • Tuesday, September 13, 2005

    Easy Access

    When this house started getting the better of me (day one), I thought to myself "well, at least I can have cool hard wood floors in every room."

    I had a blast tearing up the carpets: all four upstairs bedrooms, upstairs hallway, downstairs bedroom, and living room. I made a night of it, and the resulting pile o' carpet in the garage was an ego boost. The best floor in the house, I found out, was the one bedroom that I planned to carpet over. It figures.

    The big surprise though, was this mess:
    Notice the vinyl tile? That was covering the gaping hole in the floor. I thought maybe someone had decided to practice his tiling skills before heading into the bathroom, which is the room on the other side of the wall. Opening up the access panel to the tub revealed a bucket. See "Plumbing Roulette." Which part of "seller is not aware of any plumbing defects" did I miss?

    I'm not quite sure what to do about this hole, yet. I'm thinking the best option will be to patch up the opening and put in an engineered floor. I understand that engineered flooring isn't tough to install, and it'll be harder than normal wood. Since Kelly thinks this would be a good exercise room (for storing more junk), the hard floor would be a plus.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home