• Previous Posts
  • Archives
  • Main
  • Subject to Change
  • Saturday, January 07, 2006

    I Hate Water

    I don't do much of anything that involves water, frozen or not. I don't ski, skate, or dive. I don't care for water parks or water based thrill rides, either. And, I'm usually the first one out of the pool, especially when horse play begins.

    But, I love boats, especially like canoes. This leaves me somewhat conflicted. So, a few years ago I agreed to take a white water rafting trip in early spring, on the Peshtigo River. As you can see from the falling snow, it's very early spring. Needless to say, it was really fun and I'm not likely to try this again.



    What could possibly go wrong?



    Oh, that.



    And that.



    Can you tell by my face that I'm enjoying this?



    Four heads, paddles, raging river, snow fall... Something is missing. Oh yeah, the boat!

    5 Comments:

    At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Man, I'm sooooo bummed, why wasn't I invited? That looks like a lot of fun, except for the snow, and the fliping over the boat, and oh yeah, still going down the river with the paddles and not the boat, I think you forgot something. HOW to stay dry!! Still, you could of invited me.

     
    At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Is that a Shark finn I see in the water?

     
    At 11:29 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

    Is that a Shark finn I see in the water?

    Actually, it's my feet. I was doing as they told us, by leaning back and floating.

    After the first wave, I said "screw that" and went into panic mode!

     
    At 4:05 PM, Blogger J said...

    Aaron, I used to live in Marinette.

    Why, oh why, did you go into the Peshtigo River?????? That's the equivilant of NY's hudson!

     
    At 8:09 AM, Blogger David Casper said...

    I've tipped a boat right at the very spot as well. A Kosirs' boat nonetheless!

    We really shouldn't have been drinking beforehand, but oh well.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home